The Flower Show 2020 has been extended for two days. It will remain open on Monday and Tuesday (20th & 21st January) also.
As per the latest info. the last date for the Flower Show is now 21st January 2020.
Also, the entry will be free for children, women, senior citizens and handicapped people on 20 and 21 January. Sculptures and stalls will not be there on these days.
Flower show will remain open Tomorrow (14th January 2020).
Due to rush and excitement about Flower Show 2020 among people, AMC has decided to extend visiting hours for Tomorrow (Sunday).
Timing for Tomorrow (Sunday): 7 AM to 11 PM
Jump to – Flower Show 2020
Since 2013, every year the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) organizes the extravagant riverside garden attraction boasting off a series of colourful floral sculptures made out of flower & plants. This New Year 2020, it will be the 8th edition of flower show at the Sabarmati Riverfront in Ahmedabad.
It kicks off annually in the month of January. The “Riverfront Flower Show” at Sardar Bridge is inaugurated by Honorable Chief Minister of Gujarat, Shri Vijay Rupani. It covers a vast display space for more than 750 species of flowers like English roses, carnation, white roses, and orchids, to name a few.
Above all, it embarks a debut of more than 50 of these species at the show. The entire place is under the influence of floral beauty in disguise of the lovely sculptures of birds, flowerpots, butterflies, various animals, and several outstanding flower-art traceries.
Last Year’s Flower Show 2019 Theme
To keep the element of surprise alive, AMC brings a particular theme every time. Last year in 2019, the corporation welcomed visitors with floral artistry decorated in the shape of the Gandhiji’s spectacles and spinning wheel focusing on the Mahatma Gandhi theme. Sounds interesting, isn’t it?
The flower show in Ahmedabad usually goes live for two weeks, with a holiday on Monday. The regular visiting timing during the show is from 10 AM to 9 PM. The reason for organizing the show is to host people close to mother nature and keep the spirit of the vibrant Gujarat Summit and inflow of directives.
Flower show has always been the spectacular selfie spot in Ahmedabad among Youngsters.
Major Attractions of Flower Show 2020
- Warm Welcome with Sculptures of Peacocks
- More than 10 Lacs plants and 750+ varieties of plants
- 200 ft. long ‘Green Wall’
- Mahatma Gandhi’s Salt March, Dandi Satyagraha, Charkha, Gandhi’s Three Monkeys, etc.
- Sculptures on Sports Theme (Badminton, Football, Hockey, Cricket, etc.)
- Sculptures on Fire and Emergency Services
- Sculptures on Save Water Theme
- Hanumanji’s sanjivani Sculpture based on Ramayana
- Dengue Mosquito Sculpture
- Ayurvedic Theme Farm
- Sculptures of Dragon Dinosaur and Hippopotamus
- Around 60 such Sculptures on different concepts
- 8 Nursery Stalls for the selling of various plants
- Food Stalls
- Selfie point & wall
About Flower Show 2020
Dates: 4th January to 19th January 2020
Timing: 12 PM to 9 PM (4th Jan) and 10 AM to 9 PM (5th to 19th Jan)
Entry Fees (Tickets):
- ₹20 (Monday to Friday) (Age: 12+ Years)
- ₹50 (Saturday & Sunday) (Age: 3+ Years)
- FREE Entry for Senior Citizens (Monday to Friday)
Entry tickets can be purchased from the location itself and also available at Civic Centres in Ahmedabad. You don’t need to stand in queue if you buy tickets from the Civic Centers.
Location: Flower Garden, Close to Riverfront Event Center, Sabarmati Riverfront, Behind Tagore Hall, Paldi, Ahmedabad
(We hope this detailed address will help you reach flower show)
- Gate No.1: Flower Garden, Near Ellisbridge
- Gate No.4: Event Center Ground
- Ground opp. Event Center, Near Sardabr Bridge
- Under Ellisbridge
- Under Sardar Bridge
- Riverfront Plots Between Nehru Bridge and Ellis Bridge
- Sports Ground Parking Plot, Opp. NID
Electric Bus service will be available for FREE to transport from Parking locations to the Flower Garden. #GoGreen
BRTS Electric Bus service is also available for free pick-up & drop from the location of the Flower Show 2020 to the International Kite Festival 2020.
The place seems sacred for the people of Ahmedabad to enjoy morning and evening walks. We hope this article turned helpful to seek sufficient information on Riverfront Flower show in Ahmedabad. So, get ready to indulge in nature’s beauty in the forthcoming Flower Show 2020.
A Sneak Peek at Flower Show 2020 Ahmedabad
See more on ExciTrend’s Facebook Page
Feature Image Credit: BakulMehta